The chairman of the association is appointed for the 3 year period between two International Building Physics Conferences. Chairman will be the person who has chaired the organising committee of the most recent conference.
Current chairman is Prof. Marco Perino of the Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
The Board of Directors (and scientific committee) consists of:
- Prof. Arnold Janssens, Universiteit Gent, Belgium
- Dr. Gülten Manioğlu, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Prof. Marco Perino, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Dr. Henk L. Schellen, TU Eindhoven, the Netherlands,
- Dr. Fitsum Tariku, British Columbia Institute of Tehnology, Vancouver, Canada
- Dr. Sergio Vera Araya, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Prof. Jianshun Zhang, Syracuse University, NY, USA
The preceding chairmen were Prof. Carsten Rode, Technical University of Denmark (2009-2012 & 2012-2015), Prof. Jan Thue of Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway (2006-2009), Prof. Paul Fazio of Concordia University, Canada (2003-2006), Prof. Hugo Hens of KU Leuven, Belgium (2000-2003) and Prof. Jacob Wisse of TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands (1997-2000).